Recipe by Amy - Ellie's Mommie
A quick improvised recipe for a weeknight dinner. Feel free to leave out the ranch dressing packet and add your own spices. I'd recommend onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, celery seed, dried parsley and dried dill - about a teaspoon each of the spices and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
Top Review by Chef Sarita in Austin Texas
Great recipe. I turned over the pork chops in the oven without adding extra butter after about 20 mins so that they could brown a little more. They tasted great. Thanks for posting!
- 3 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick (with the bone)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl, place the flour.
- In a second bowl, mix egg, milk and mayonnaise until well blended.
- In a third bowl, mix breadcrumbs and salad dressing mix (or spices of your choice).
- Dip the pork chops, individually, in the flour and shake off the excess.
- After flouring, dip in egg mixture and immediately dredge in breadcrumbs until the pork chop is well-coated; set aside.
- When all three pork chops are breaded, melt 1 tbsp butter in the bottom of a small baking dish in the microwave.
- Add 1 tbsp oil.
- Place the pork chops in the baking dish and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove from oven.
- Remove pork chops to a plate.
- Place second tbsp of butter and oil in the dish and allow to melt.
- Place pork chops back into the dish, turning them over as you do so.
- Bake for an additional 15- 20 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and green beans.