Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made Low Cost German Pork Schnitzel by Chef#1166907. Since it was way too much for just 2 people, I came up with this creative way to use the leftovers.If you try this recipe, please use the mentioned recipe to get the exact taste.This was served over mashed potatoes, but serve over rice or egg noodles if you like.Now this serves 2 very hungry people or 3 not so hungry people ;). Submitted to " ZAAR " on January 8th,2010.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, cut into thin rings
- 2 cups breaded cooked, boneless pork loin (cut into thin strips )
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pork gravy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can add more if you like )
- Over medium heat,melt 2 Tablespoons of margarine in a medium sized skillet.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Then add pork, gravy, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir to make sure all ingredients are well combined, and heated through.