1/1 Photo of Breaded Pork Scallopine With Mushroom Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 3 slices white bread, processed into crumbs (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1Heat the oven to 180 degrees F.
- 2Cut the tenderloin crosswise into 8 slices, each about 1 1/2 ounces. Pound the slices until they are about 1/4-inch thick, then sprinkle them with 3/4-teaspoon of the salt and pepper.
- 3Beat the egg thoroughly with a fork in a shallow bowl.
- 4Combine the bread crumbs and the cheese in another shallow bowl. Dip the slices of meat into the egg to lightly coat each side, let the excess drip off, and dip the meat into the crumb mixture until well coated on each side. Arrange the breaded meat on a platter.
- 5Divide the olive oil between two nonstick skillets and heat until hot but not smoking. Arrange 4 scaloppine in each skillet so that they don't overlap and sauté over high heat for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Arrange on a clean platter, and keep warm in the oven.
- 6Add the butter and onion to one of the skillets, and sauté onion over high heat for 1 minute or until slightly softened.
- 7Add the mushrooms and the remaining 1/2-teaspoon salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mushrooms are lightly browned and most of their liquid has evaporated.
- 8Spoon the mushrooms over the scaloppine, sprinkle with the chives and lemon juice, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Pork Scallopine With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.8
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 969.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g