Prep 17 mins
Cook 12 mins
No one will know that this is lowfat unless you tell them. Also great if you make extra mustard and honey mixture and serve with the pork. My adaptation of a recipe from "Reader's Digest."
- Slice the pork into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place pork between sheets of waxed paper and pound thin.
- Combine the Dijon or spicy brown mustard with the honey.
- Using a pastry brush spread the mustard mixture on both sides of each pork slice.
- Mix the egg white with the water in a bowl.
- Dip the pork in the egg, then in the bread crumbs to coat both sides.
- Lightly coat a heavy 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and set over moderate heat for 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat.
- Add the pork and cook until crisp and lightly browned.
- Garnish with the lemon wedges and serve.
This truly was easy and delicous. My little boy Dylan is hard to please, but he licked the plate clean and asked for more. Well Done!!!
This was fantastic!! And it was even easy for a novice like me. I will definitely have this again.......
This was a big hit with everyone in the family. I had bought thin-cut pork loin chops (boneless) at the store, so I did not bother to pound them. I had about 1.5lbs, so I doubled everything in the recipe. The amounts were a bit off - I had extra honey/mustard mixture and egg substitute, but ran out of breadcrumbs. I used panko breadcrumbs because I had them on hand. When i cooked the pork for the first 4 min, it was still very pink - I think next time I would use a little oil vs. the spray, and let the pan heat up more than 30 seconds. I ended up turning them and cooking for an additional 2 minutes to make sure they were cooked, and the crust stuck to the pan a bit. I made this again, and I found that again it takes a lot longer to cook the pork. Also, the breadcrumb coating sticks to the pan, so you lose large patches of it. I am going to try to pan fry at a lower heat/more oil, then transfer to oven to bake for ~10 min more or so to cook - I'm fine if they are a little pink, I'm talking about still raw.