Recipe by Charmie777
I've been making these for years. They are so good, and the dill and sour cream in the gravy makes it different from others! YUM!
Top Review by akgrown
This was a yummy different pork chop dish. I used half sourcream and half non-fat plain yogurt. I was expecting a little more dill flavor so I think next time I'll double the dill. Tasty! Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb pork chop
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- If pork chops are thick, pound thin.
- Prepare three shallow dishes. One with flour mixed with seasoned salt and pepper, one with beaten egg and milk, and one with breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Dip chops first in flour, then in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet heat shortening (or oil) to hot.
- Brown pork chops for 3 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Pour broth into skillet, scraping to loosen crusty bits.
- Blend the 2 tablespoons flour and dill weed into the sour cream.
- Stir into broth.
- Cook and stir over low heat until thick and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve chops with gravy.