Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Posted in reply to a request.
- 5 -6 pork chops, 3/4 inches thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup crushed corn flake crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper Dredge with corn flake crumbs, then dip in egg combined with milk, and again in the crumbs.
- Heat pressure cooker and add shortening.
- Brown chops on both sides.
- Add water; close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 12 to 14 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
- Let pressure drop of it's own accord.
I made this exactly as recipe states with the exception of cooking it for 16 minutes. This was wonderful!! I would rate it 10 stars!! There were no leftovers. I can't wait to make this again..it is a keeper.
Well, I made it and it was pretty good. But most of the breading just came off the chops when I browned them in the pressure cooker. I think the next time, I'll brown them in a non stick fry pan, then transfer to the cooker.
I've made these pork chops for years now. We love them especially in the fall with sauerkraut and applesauce. One of the best parts of this recipe is that gravy appears magically!