Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These chops are tender and juicy with a nice crisp coating. You'll like these!
Make and share this Breaded Pork Chops - From the Oven recipe from Food.com.
- 6 center-cut pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick,trimmed of fat
- 1 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat egg with evaporated milk; place chops in milk and allow to sit 5-10 minutes, turning so that each side gets down into the milk.
- Mix together crushed cornflakes, breadcrumbs, paprika, oregano, garlic, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Take chops out of the milk and coat with the seasoned crumbs.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; place chops on pan.
- Bake chops at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes; turn over and cook 15 minutes more or until juices run clear.
This recipe puts Shake-n-Bake to shame! Followed recipe exactly. Has a perfect blend of spices, and the cayenne pepper is just right for a little "kick". The chops were very crispy, and nice and moist. A keeper!
Excellent! The chops were tender, with a lovely crispy coating. I cheated a bit and used seasoned breadcrumbs, although I did add some of the spices that the recipe calls for, including the cayenne and the garlic. I also added a small amount of thyme, just because I like it. This is an easy recipe that results in a great tasting dinner; I highly recommend it!
I must say I don't usually like anything breaded but I thought I would try these because they sounded really good, but they are better than that. They are scrumpdillylicious, absolutely wonderful. I didn't have plain corn flakes but I did have frosted flakes and maybe they were better because of it. I went a little heavy on the oregano, but next time I'll do better. Just imagine the rating I'll have to give it then, double 5 stars. Thanks for this one, a real dandy. Gord