Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Betty Crocker's "4 Ingredient Dinners" cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick, original mix
- 12 (1/2 cup) crackers, saltines, crushed
- 1 egg
- 8 pork chops, boneless, loin, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix Bisquick, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper. Mix egg and water.
- Dip pork chops into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, turning once until slightly pink in center.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and steamed green beans.
We really liked the crispy coating the chops had, but did find that they needed more seasoning for our tastes. Next time I make them I will add a bit of garlic powder and or season salt. Thx for sharing this recipe.
Yummy! We loved these chops! They were so tasty and sort of healthier since they weren't fried in a lot of oil. The breading was a very nice surprise- different and very good. Thanks, mightyro!
Rumbie-dimbie! This is such a pleasure to devour...as the previous reviewer did, I made for lunch, and saved some for Dennis later on this afternoon. Easy as peasy, flump-a-flam, it was done, thank you; Mam! The only change was baking mine for the same time period @ 350 degrees'. (8 mins for thin-ish chops bone-in) turning them halfway at 4 minutes for an all over brown look. Just delicious, and oh so comforting! I sprayed the pan with cooking spray prior to putting them in, and those chops browned nicely! Thanks so much! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Decembre 2009