Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy recipe suitable for a weeknight dinner. From TOH.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (1/2 inch thick and 6 oz. each)
- 8 ounces spreadable chive & onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops into egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a greased 15-in x 10-in x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, broth and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until smooth and blended. Serve with the pork chops.
Wow! Extra delicious! Made as directed; got very thick pork chops from my Whole Foods Market -- took an extra 40 minutes or so in the oven to get to 160Â°F. By then my spinach side wasn't pretty for the photo, yet it was still tasty to eat alongside! Thanks, cookiedog! Made for my fellow Unruly for ZWT6.
Scrumptious and the chive cream cheese sauce takes no time or effort at all.
This dish went down like cookies n' cream! Very kid friendly or at least my kids were wolfing it down. I made as stated except that I cooked the pork chops on the pan. The sauce was simple but oh so nice to go along with the pork chops. Made for ZWT6 - Unrulies Under the Infuence