Recipe by Croft Girl
When I was young my mom encouraged me to cook for our family of 6 by paying me extra allowance for any dinners I prepared. More than 25 years later this is still a favorite of mine, as a cook, and of my picky family. I prefer Johnny's Pork and Chicken Seasoning but if you can't find it use your favorite poultry seasoning or just use salt. Since today's pork chops are much leaner than they used to be I usually spritz the top of the pork chops with olive oil before baking otherwise there isn't enough moisture for the breading.
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 pork loin chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick (the thicker the better, if thicker than 3/4 inch increase cooking time slightly)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except pork chops and milk.
- Dip pork chops in milk.
- Shake/dredge pork chops in breading mixture, coating both sides.
- Bake at 450 degrees on a rack in a shallow roasting pan until done and brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Note: I quadruple the breading mixture so I have it on hand. This way I can have dinner on the table in 45 minutes from start to finish.