Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A family favorite
- 8 pork chops (1/2 inches thick)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Pound chops flat with meat mallet.
- Dip chops lightly in flour.
- In small bowl, combine egg and water; beat slightly.
- Dip each chop in egg mixture, smearing with fingers so that it adheres.
- Dip each chop in bread crumbs and pat lightly with the back of a spoon or small spatula to help crumbs stick.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet.
- Fry chops until golden; about 3-4 minutes on each side.