This is the oyster breading recipe I use in my restaurant. I use these for the basis of many recipes. As I live close to the ocean and one of the largest producers of oysters in North America is 15 min from me I feel ok about buying the oysters from them. This recipe uses fresh shucked oysters. The oysters are breaded then frozen raw and can be cooked from raw without thawing. I use this base for making oyster burgers which I will also post.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk water and eggs in bowl until light in colour.
- 2Mix bread crumbs salt and pepper in a flat dish.
- 3Place oysters on 6 paper towels and then pat dry with another 6 paper towels.
- 4Line a cookie tray with wax paper and make room in your freezer for the tray to sit level.
- 5Dip oysters in egg and then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- 6Set oysters on cookie tray and freeze.
- 7Move frozen oysters to a sealable container and keep in freezer.
- 8When you want a pan fried oyster, heat a frying pan with a tight fitting lid to medium heat and add 2 tbsp margarine. Take out as many as you want, place in the pan and let brown for 3 minute Flip the oysters, turn up the heat to high, pour in 2 tbsp water and cover with the lid. Fry for 4 minute Take off the lid (the heat from the steam will cook the oysters) Their should be a cloud of steam when you take off the lid. The oysters will now be soft. Cook for another 3 min on each side.
- 9Serve with tartar sauce and lemons.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1018.6
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 324.7 mg
- Sodium 8609.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 50.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: