1/1 Photo of Breaded Onion-Stuffed Steak Kabobs (Spiedini)
This is one of those recipes that work really well with any kind of side dish and is very "tweakable". Quick to cook and easy to put together and even my kids like it. I found this in Penzeys Spices about two years ago and have made it about a dozen or so times since. It always turns out perfect each time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs thinly sliced round steaks
- 1 -2 large onion, wedged (I've always used Vidalia)
- 1 3/4-2 cups plain breadcrumbs or 1 3/4-2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated dry parmesan cheese, I do not recommend fresh, needs to be fine
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- 4 skewers
- 1Place flat rack in oven closest to broiler and preheat to 375º on broil.
- 2Bring out cookie sheet and spray a bit of Pam on for ease of cleanup.
- 3Cut steaks into smaller wrapable pieces if too big to wrap onion wedges inches The normal size should be about 2 bite-sized when wrapped.
- 4Blend all spices and cheese together on a dipable plate.
- 5Brush steak slices with olive oil (both sides) and dip in seasoning.
- 6Wrap around preferred amount of onion wedges. Place meat on skewer and additional onion wedges in between meat pieces if desired. Be sure to leave a tad of space between meat pieces.
- 7Place all on cookie sheet and place in oven, top rack to broil. Broil 5 minutes on one side, flip over and broil an additional 3-4 minutes on the other. Serve with your favorite steak sauce or ketchup.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Onion-Stuffed Steak Kabobs (Spiedini)
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.9 mg
- Sodium 1302.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 65.1 g