Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
No frying makes for a healthier veggie dish. This is so good I could eat it for a main meal instead of a side dish.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 " slices
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove smashed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine egg, milk and garlic in a shallow dish and set aside for about 15 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Dip zucchini slices into egg mixture, then into crumbs and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake for 5 minutes more or until brown and crispy.
Very good! I might try and baked them on a rack next time and mess with the seasoning. Thanks for posting.
Tried these tonight with cornflake crumbs since I was using them with another recipe. Not a great idea. :) Wonderful as written...not so wonderful with cornflake crumbs. Originally posted: 8/24/09 These were so good! Just as good as fried, and no guilty feelings while eating them. I omitted the cheese since I was out. LOVED the garlic in the egg mixture. I was so pleased with how these turned out. Served with breaded baked pork chops and corn. I did have to let them cook a bit longer to get browned, but it's much easier than standing over hot oil...making sure to turn at precisely the right moment...trying not to splash yourself. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Wow these turned out to be such a good last minute idea I had to bake them a little longer but my oven is touchy. I would like to tell anyone who doesnt have a clove of garlic( i didnt) that I added garlic powder in its place and it actually turned out so well my neighbors came over an asked me what I was making and if they could try it...good thing I made 4 zucchinis worth so I could get away with sharing