Recipe by Marie
No frying makes for a healthier veggie dish. This is so good I could eat it for a main meal instead of a side dish.
Top Review by Dmarie4543
Wow these turned out to be such a good last minute idea I had to bake them a little longer but my oven is touchy. I would like to tell anyone who doesnt have a clove of garlic( i didnt) that I added garlic powder in its place and it actually turned out so well my neighbors came over an asked me what I was making and if they could try it...good thing I made 4 zucchinis worth so I could get away with sharing
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 " slices
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove smashed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine egg, milk and garlic in a shallow dish and set aside for about 15 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Dip zucchini slices into egg mixture, then into crumbs and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake for 5 minutes more or until brown and crispy.