Recipe by cptcussword
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A delicious, crispy, crunchy side especially good for using up leftover mashed potatoes.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- to taste butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon your favorite Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup oil, for pan frying (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare potatoes as per direction on package.
- Add butter to taste.
- Let potatoes cool and chill in refrigerator anywhere from four hours to overnight (for best results potatoes should very cold and a little on the dry side).
- Mix bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.
- Heat oil in medium sized frying pan on medium heat.
- Remove potatoes from refrigerator. Form patties between 3 and 4 inches in diameter and between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Place patties in bread crumb mix and gently press crumbs into the potatoes on both sides.
- Fry in oil until golden brown (about 3 minutes). Flip and cook another 3 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towel.