Chef #830245's Note:
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A delicious, crispy, crunchy side especially good for using up leftover mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- to taste butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1/2 teaspoon rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon basil or 1/2 teaspoon oregano or 1/2 teaspoon your favorite Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup oil, for pan frying (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch)
- 1Prepare potatoes as per direction on package.
- 2Add butter to taste.
- 3Let potatoes cool and chill in refrigerator anywhere from four hours to overnight (for best results potatoes should very cold and a little on the dry side).
- 4Mix bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.
- 5Heat oil in medium sized frying pan on medium heat.
- 6Remove potatoes from refrigerator. Form patties between 3 and 4 inches in diameter and between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in thickness.
- 7Place patties in bread crumb mix and gently press crumbs into the potatoes on both sides.
- 8Fry in oil until golden brown (about 3 minutes). Flip and cook another 3 minutes or until golden.
- 9Drain on paper towel.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Mashed Potato Patties #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes