1/2 Photos of Breaded Lemon-Garlic Chicken Breasts
This is one of my family's favorite chicken recipes (I have many posted on this site!) --- to save time you may coat with the breading mixture, roll up the breasts and refrigerate until ready to bake --- the subtle lemon flavor gives the chicken it a really nice kick --- there is no need to pound the breasts thin just roll them up as tightly as you can they will stay together during and after baking, also I have even topped them with sliced mozzarella cheese :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups dry breadcrumbs (use only dry, fresh will not stick)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (or to taste) or 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (can use seasoning salt if desired)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted in the microwave with the garlic)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (can use more, do not use bottled, I use the juice of 1 whole lemon)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic clove (can use more or less)
- 5 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to about half)
- paprika (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Butter an 11 x 7-inch or a 9-inch baking pan baking dish (if doubling the recipe to make 12 breasts, use a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 3In a bowl, combine the dry breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4In another bowl combine the melted butter/garlic mixture and lemon juice; whisk well to combine (if you run out of butter when dipping the breasts, which has happened to me many times, just melt about another 1/4 cup butter and add in about 1 tablespoon more of lemon juice in the microwave.
- 5Dip chicken in butter mixture, then roll in crumbs (patting down the crumbs into the chicken breasts).
- 6Roll-up chicken jelly-roll style; place seam side down in a greased baking dish drizzle with any remaining butter mixture; sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 7Place a slice of cheese on top the last 10 minutes of baking if desired.
- 8Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though (baking time will vary depending on how thin you pounded the chicken).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Lemon-Garlic Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.6
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 575.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 28.0 g