Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A super-fast side dish using canned green beans for a cook in a hurry. My kids request these over and over. My sister-in-laws originally made this and I've adapted my own quick version.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cut green beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Open and drain liquid from the green beans and put in a non-stick frying pan.
- Peel garlic cloves and put them through a garlic press into the pan.
- Place the butter or margarine in pan and sautee together on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and toss green beans with the bread crumbs until coated.
- Place in serving dish and enjoy!
Tasty and simple. I used fresh green beans from Trader Joes that came in a microwaveable bag. I microwaved them, then added them to a pot with the rest of the recipe ingredients, as directed. I grated in some fresh Parmesan cheese at the end of the heating time too. Very nice; will make again!
I made a test batch using one can of green beans tonight to see if they might work for Bunko Christmas Dinner tomorrow night. Wow! These are wonderful. I could have eaten the whole can by myself they are so good. However, I didn't because my husband loves them too. Will be using as a side-dish at Bunko for sure. Thanks so much!
Loved this simple but very tasty vegetable dish. Will be made again. Thank you.