Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
Posting for ZWT 7. This recipe comes from about.com/South American Food You can make milanesas with chicken breasts too (pollo a la milanesa) - just be sure to pound them to a thin, even thickness.
- 1 lb top round beef, sliced thinly into about 6 steaks
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper together in a shallow bowl.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the oregano and spread onto a plate.
- Whisk the eggs lightly.
- Dredge each steak into the flour, coating both sides.
- Dip each piece into the egg, then place into the breadcrumbs, coating both sides thoroughly.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Fry each steak for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until breading is crispy and steak is cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve warm, with chimichurri sauce.