Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice and easy way to enjoy good quality white fish. especially cod.
- 50 g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 250 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 675 g cod, fillet cut into 4 pieces
- 40 g butter or 40 g margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 230degrees/450 F/gas 8.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof baking dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, oregano and cayenne pepper on a plate and blend together.
- Mix the milk with the salt in a bowl, stirring well to dissolve the salt.
- Dip the pieces of cod fillet in the milk, then transfer to the plate and coat with the bread-crumb mixture.
- Arrange the coated fish in the prepared baking dish, in a single layer.
- Drizzle the melted butter or margarine over the fish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
This was delicious! I cut the salt down by half and found that to be just the right saltiness. I'll definitely use this again!