Breaded Fish with Tartare Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 230degrees/450 F/gas 8.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof baking dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, oregano and cayenne pepper on a plate and blend together.
- Mix the milk with the salt in a bowl, stirring well to dissolve the salt.
- Dip the pieces of cod fillet in the milk, then transfer to the plate and coat with the bread-crumb mixture.
- Arrange the coated fish in the prepared baking dish, in a single layer.
- Drizzle the melted butter or margarine over the fish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.