Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
A delicious and speedy way to prepare fresh or frozen fish fillets. Serve with buttered peas and carrots topped with fresh chopped chives or fresh mint.
- 1 lb lean fish fillet, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Fold the thinner fillet ends under to the center and place and place spoke fashion around the outside of a 9 or 12 inch dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spread evenly over the fillets.
- Cook on high 4-6 minutes or until done.
This was soooo good. All I can say is thank you thank you thank you. It was so good and so quick. I too added cheese half way through and it was great!!! Lorac you are the greatest!!
I used tilapia and was pleasantly surprised with this recipe. I did add a bit of dill and black pepper. It does cook quickly. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
Lorac, my first attempt at microwaving fish was a resounding success, thanks to you! This recipe is so easy, with every day ingredients. By the time it was done, my huge baked potatoe, also microwaved, was cool enough to eat. Along with a medditeranean style salad, and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, I am about to bust. I only cooked it for one, but, I made up the full mayo covering, using the balance on the potato. I used a Pacific Snapper fillet. It was just done, without flaking , in my little 650 Watt oven, in 7 min. I also added the cheese at the 1/2 way point. A real keeper, thanks, jim