Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is our favorite chicken dish. The sauce is delicious. My mother-in-law makes this for birthdays and special occasions.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄8 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- onion salt
- Mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together.
- Coat chicken with beaten eggs.
- Dip twice in the bread crumb mixture.
- Brown well on both sides in butter.
- Pace in 325 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, uncovered.
- In the same pan used to brown chicken, brown mushrooms in 1 tablespoons butter,
- Sprinkle mushrooms with onion salt and paprika.
- Add chicken broth and wine to pan.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Combine milk, ketchup, and flour.
- Add to pan and simmer 5 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- Let stand.
- Reheat just before ready to serve.
- Add sour cream just before serving.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve over chicken.