- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 slices ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, cornstarch, garlic salt and cumin.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and water.
- Flatten chicken to approximately 1/4-inch thickness.
- Dip into egg mixture, then place in the bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side.
- Top each piece of chicken with 1/4 cup cheese and 3 slices of avocado.
- Cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream and green onions.