Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty and simple to prepare; the toppings and cheese add a richness to the flavorful crunchy coated chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 slices ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, cornstarch, garlic salt and cumin.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and water.
- Flatten chicken to approximately 1/4-inch thickness.
- Dip into egg mixture, then place in the bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side.
- Top each piece of chicken with 1/4 cup cheese and 3 slices of avocado.
- Cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream and green onions.
Excellent flavor and simple to prepare- perfect!
This was a wonderful dish! The avocado went well with the cheese and the cornmeal & cumin coated chicken, which was very moist. I do think it could use a little salt atop the avocado's to bring out more of their flavor. I had the butcher at Albertsons tenderize a large chicken breast (about 1lb.), then pounded it out till it ws an even thickeness, then cut in half - made half of the cornmeal coating & 1 egg which was the prefect amount.