1/5 Photos of Breaded Chicken Fingers, Strips, Tenders...
This is a breadcrumbed coated chicken recipe, unlike regular flour fried chicken. The lemon gives a hint of zing. If you desire a more pronounced lemony flavor, add double the zest, which I prefer. Check out my sauces...Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce, Chicken Finger Dipping Sauce, Sriracha Mayonnaise or even Chili's Honey Chipotle Sauce. .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs (Italian or plain)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated (increase if desired)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper (fresh makes a difference)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging (approximate)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (or fingers or tenders)
- 1/2 cup oil, for shallow frying
- 1Put the flour, eggs and the bread crumbs each separately in 3 shallow dishes. Stir into the flour the lemon zest. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip each breast into the flour, then shake off the excess. Next, run the breast through the egg to coat it lightly and hold the chicken over the liquid to let any excess drip back into the bowl. Finally, lay the strips in the bread crumbs, turn it over and press into the breading to coat. Lay on a piece of waxed paper. Repeat until all strips are coated.
- 2Add the oil to a large skillet (12 inches in diameter and cast iron is best) over medium heat until hot. Lay several chicken strips in the pan. Cook the chicken without turning until nicely browned, about 3-4 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook until equally brown on the other side, about 3-4 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining strips. Transfer chicken to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Chicken Fingers, Strips, Tenders...
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1312.5
- Calories from Fat 624
- Total Fat 69.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 331.1 mg
- Sodium 1702.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 70.2 g