This is best served with mashed potatoes, and corn because the sauce is delicious on all 3!Its important if you have the regular boneless chicken breast, to slice it into cutlets. You might want to double the sauce recipe if you like a lot sauce over your meal
- Rinse Cutlets (if you have regular chicken breast, make sure you cut them into cutlets) and pat dry.
- Season cutlets with complete seasoning on both sides.
- Set aside.
- Mix eggs and milk and put breading in separate plate.
- Put cutlets into milk mixture and bread them so they are fully coated.
- Heat up canola oil or you can use butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Put cutlets in the skillet and let them start cooking.
- In a small pot, mix the 4 tbs butter, lemon, salt, and basil until completed melted, then keep on low setting.
- When chicken is golden brown, remove and pour an adequate amount of lemon-basil sauce over them.
- Like I said, when I make this at my family's request I always serve mashed potatoes and corn because the sauce is perfect for all three.
- You can always double the sauce recipe if you serve the same sauce over everything, Not only does it taste great-- it looks pretty.
Me and my boyfriend loved it. I adjusted the recipe by filling the 1/4 measuring cup only a little more than half way the lemon juice and then toped it off with chicken stock so it wouldnt be so strong.
Very good. I used fresh lemon juice and fresh basil. After tasting the sauce, it was a bit overpowering, so I added about 1/4 cup of chicken stock to cut the lemon.
Very good recipe! Used fresh lemon juice and had great flavor. Thanks so much.