Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mouth watering, a delight to the taste buds
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) bagfresh washed spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons gulden's spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously butter baking dish, spread spinach over bottom.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over spinach.
- Pat chicken dry, place on top of spinach.
- In a small bowl,mix together basil or parsley, garlic, mustard, oil, mayonnaise and soy sauce.
- Spread mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over chicken and lightly with cayenne pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until juices run clear.
- Makes 4 servings.
Fabulous! I forgot the cayenne though and added mushrooms on top of the spinach under the chicken. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
This is wonderful, decadent and wonderful. I put it together in the morning and stored it covered in the fridge until dinner time. I only used 1 tsp of the mustard as DH isn't terribly fond the flavor! I'm working on him. The spinach gave it a great earthy flavor. I plan on making this when the kids come to visit so I can spend time with them and not alone in the kitchen. Thanks.
This was delicious. I used broccoli instead of spinach and the dish was sooo good. I will definitely be doing this again soon.