Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very tasty way to prepare the springtime asparagus that is now out. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 2 lbs asparagus spears
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp tender and drain well.
- Combine 1/2 cup cheese and the bread crumbs on a plate.
- In a shallow pan, stir together eggs, garlic salt and pepper sauce.
- Dip each asparagus spear in egg mixture and roll in crumbs to coat well.
- Chill 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat butter and oil on medium-high.
- Brown the spears in a single layer, turning carefully.
- Remove and keep warm while browning remaining spears.
- Sprinkle top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.