Recipe by bmcnichol
Not the healthiest way to eat cauliflower but we love it this way! You can also use this recipe for broccoli or mushrooms.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This was very nice! Next time I might use three eggs, I had barely enough, so my last batch wasn't too well coated, I had plenty of coating but it didnt stick so well. I used a mixture of butter and olive oil to fry them off, and it really was a tasty and different way to eat this popular vegetable, definitely a keeper! Thanks for a lovely recipe!
- 5 cups cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and seasonings.
- Place bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add a few florets at a time to the egg mixture and coat.
- Put cauliflower into bread mixture and coat.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook cauliflower in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes.