Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
source: www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/print/51/ Posted on SCDRecipe.com, a collection of recipes intended to help people with inflammatory bowel disease, IBS, Crohn's, colitis, diverticulitis, SIBO, autism, and/or ADHD. All recipes adhere to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet as described in Elaine Gottschall's book Breaking the Vicious Cycle.
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 3 good size catfish fillets (or red snapper)
- garlic, powder*
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Break egg in a bowl and scramble with a fork. Put aside.
- Put almond flour in a pie plate and season with plenty of salt and garlic, cayenne, and oregano to taste.
- Cut fillets into serving size portions, dip them in egg, roll them in flour, and fry them in olive oil until browned, turning once.
- Catfish is thick, and might not be done through at this point, so line a pan with foil, put the browned fish in it, and cover it with more foil (or if you don't mind the clean up, put it in a covered casserole).
- Put it in the oven at 300 degrees F. for about 20 minutes.