Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been on a quest for recipes that disguise veggies so my kids will eat them! I loved this recipe and my 1 1/2 year old did too when I gave her some sauce to dip it in!
- 1 head broccoli, cut in spears
- 2 eggs, beaten seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
- Cook the broccoli in water until al dente. Drain well.
- Dip into egg, then bread crumbs and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain.
- This can be made ahead of time and kept warm, uncovered, in the oven.
I found this recipe very tender & tasty I don`t know if it`s because I use homemade bread crumbs loaded with herbs and grated cheese. I did micro my garden grown broccoli for 3 minutes with no water. I do think this would be out of this world if you would coat first with flour then dip into egg then breadcrumbs. I did follow the recipe & I found the bread crumbs fell off! So the flour first would help the egg and breadcrumbs adhear! I must say it did disappear before dinner ws served. So it does make a great appetizer!