Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple chicken recipe, but one my family is quite fond of. They love when there are leftovers, so they can make sandwiches!
- Pound chicken to flatten.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on each.
- Dip into beaten eggs and then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute garlic until golden and then discard.
- Place chicken in skillet and brown on both sides, cooking about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is fork tender.
- Cooking time will vary depending on how thick your chicken is.
I made this last night for dinner and everyone loved it. I did not have Italian bread crumbs so I just spiced up my own bread crumbs, there were no left overs so I won't be able to eat any left overs. This is so simple and easy to do I will be making this one again for sure. Thanks Karen.
Hi Karen; Made your chicken cutlets and they were superb. I did not have any Italian Bread Crumbs, so I made my own using dried out Italian Buns. Added to one cup of bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, 3 tablespoons Yellow Corn Meal, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Pounded the chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thickness, then dipped them into an egg/milk mixuture, then coated them with the bread crumb mixture. Fried them in extra virgin olive oil, and WOW, absolutely excellent. Thank you for sharing this recipe, it is now one of our favorites. I too, made sandwiches the next day on lightly toasted bread, some mayonnaise, mustard and my own homemade Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno Peppers, SUPERB. "Uncle Bill"
This is a good basic recipe for breading and frying chicken. Sauteing the garlic is a nice touch. Thanks Karen!