Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
Start with very thinly sliced round or top sirloin steaks and bread them with a bit of flour and garlic, then quickly fry in hot olive oil and in minutes you'll have a tasty dinner from Spain.
- 2 lbs beef sirloin or 2 lbs round steaks, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 fresh garlic cloves, crushed and finely minced (or garlic powder)
- flour, for breading
- olive oil (for frying)
- Note: You may use any thinly sliced steaks for this quick and easy recipe. They should be about 1/8" thick, so that they cook quickly. Sometimes in supermarkets you may see these.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Pour flour onto a dinner plate and spread over the entire plate.
- Pour olive oil about ¼ inch deep into a large frying pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle garlic and salt over fillet and press inches
- Carefully drag fillet through the flour. Turn over and repeat on the other side of the fillet.
- Quickly and carefully place fillet in the hot frying pan.
- While that fillet is frying, bread another fillet with garlic and add to the pan and repeat the process. Cook fillets approximately 2 minutes on each side.
This was pretty good though I did find it a little bland. I bought an eye of round roast and had the butcher slice it into 1/4 inch slices so I could leave the meat a little pink in the middle. I think with a few extra seasonings in the flour it would definitely be a five star. But it was quick and easy and the kids loved it! EDIT: Any leftovers make great cold sandwiches with a bit of spicy mustard. EDIT #2: I tried this again with garlic (about 2 TBS), onion powder (1 TBS), paprika (1 TBS), and ancho chile powder (1 tsp) and it was EXCELLENT!