Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
These yummy herbed chops have a mild BBQ taste. Prep time includes marinating.
- 1 lb breakfast pork chop (boneless 6-8)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced onions or 1⁄4 teaspoon onion flakes
- Combine egg and BBQ sauce.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Dip chops in egg then crumbs; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Bake until juices run clear at 325.
This is a very good recipe. The bbq sauce in the egg wash gives the pork a unique flavor. I served it with green beans ceasar and a tossed salad. (I did try a little leftover sauerkraut on the side...I would not recommend that. The flavors did not compliment.)
I used real onion & I didn't have oregano. I added cayenne pepper & garlic. I didn't like that it didn't say how long to cook it for just until the juices run clear. I didn't know how long that would be so the egg noodles & carrots were way over done. It was really good. I didn't have time to let them sit for 2 hours before hand so I just breaded them & put them right in the oven. It took almost an hour to bake. I put the broiler on for just a few minutes to brown them. They were really good. Only gave a 4 though because of the directions.