Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 -4 medium tomatoes
- 1 -2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 teaspoon asafoetida powder (to taste)
- butter or vegetable oil
- Lightly grease baking pan.
- Core tomatoes and cut them in half, place in pan.
- Apply seasonings evenly and sprinkle chili on tomatoes if so desired.
- Drizzle tomatoes with oil or butter.
- Cover tomatoes liberally with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with cous cous or rice.
i didn't have the asafetida so I used crushed garlic. Very nice. I will go to the Indian store and get the powder. I'll bet it makes it even more flavorful!