Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use as a side dish or appetizer. This recipe comes from the The Joanne & Rick Pitino Wildcat Cookbook. This was printed while Rick was at the University of Kentucky.
- Steam asparagus, if fresh, can use whole canned asparagus in this recipe also.
- Dip in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Heat the 2 Tablespoons of oil in skillet and brown asparagus, turning gently.
- When golden, remove and serve.
- Note: The recipe says that Cauliflower can be done the same way, but I admit I have never tried it.
I made this recipe as stated and found it to be a nice way to eat asparagus. We don't normally like it. Thanks for sharing!
These were delicious. I used 1/2 pound of asparagus and egg white. Ate them as finger food while waiting for the rest of dinner to finish. These would be good dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing.