Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
Use as a side dish or appetizer. This recipe comes from the The Joanne & Rick Pitino Wildcat Cookbook. This was printed while Rick was at the University of Kentucky.
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam asparagus, if fresh, can use whole canned asparagus in this recipe also.
- Dip in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Heat the 2 Tablespoons of oil in skillet and brown asparagus, turning gently.
- When golden, remove and serve.
- Note: The recipe says that Cauliflower can be done the same way, but I admit I have never tried it.