Recipe by canarygirl
Very easy and very tasty! (cook time is for each batch)
Top Review by Miss Annie
Canarygirl....I absolutely loved these artichokes. I have never had them this way before and they are terrific. I made them without changing anything in your recipe. They turned out great, and I loved the balance of the lemon (served on the side). Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I will be using this one again.
- 1 can quartered artichoke heart, drained
- 1 egg, beaten until frothy
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge, for serving
- oil, for frying (I find that the best oil for frying is sunflower)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and season artichoke hearts with salt and pepper.
- While working, heat oil over fairly high heat.
- Dredge artichokes in egg and then bread crumbs.
- Deep fry about 3-4 minutes, turning frequently, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.
- Note:If using fresh artichoke hearts, soak in lemon water, to avoid oxidation.