Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Very easy and very tasty! (cook time is for each batch)
- 1 can quartered artichoke heart, drained
- 1 egg, beaten until frothy
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge, for serving
- oil, for frying (I find that the best oil for frying is sunflower)
- Drain and season artichoke hearts with salt and pepper.
- While working, heat oil over fairly high heat.
- Dredge artichokes in egg and then bread crumbs.
- Deep fry about 3-4 minutes, turning frequently, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.
- Note:If using fresh artichoke hearts, soak in lemon water, to avoid oxidation.
Canarygirl....I absolutely loved these artichokes. I have never had them this way before and they are terrific. I made them without changing anything in your recipe. They turned out great, and I loved the balance of the lemon (served on the side). Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I will be using this one again.
Wow!! Why the heck haven't more people rated this bad boy!!! This is OUT-FREAKING-STANDING!!! How could something so simple be so good? Made this tonight with garlic crab legs and spinach rice. YUM!!! This was crazy good! I never thought I'd think so highly of canned artichoke hearts. They're always an afterthought that I add to something I'm making. This dish was spot on. I made a double batch and my hubby and I ate every stinking morsel! You MUST try this one! Incredible!! Will make again and again.
Yum! How could anyone not love these??