Recipe by hydrocoooled
This moderately easy fish recipie I created from mixing a few other recipies found here with personal experience. 1 hour to make. Serves 4.
- 2 lbs white fish fillets (Cod, Talapia, Flounder, or similar)
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- - Melt butter and mix with vinager, lemon juice, and worshteshire.
- - Clean fish and dry out excess water by laying in a kitchen towel.
- - In large baking dish (big enough to lay fish in on one layer) cover botton with onion and green pepper. Layer fish on top. Baste with half of the butter mixture. Sprinkle half of old bay and pepper on top. Let sit for 1/2 hour at room temperature.
- - Clean brussel sprouts. Cut off 1/8" of stem, and cut a 1/4" deep "x" in each base. Place in cold water in pot. Bring to boil and cook for 8 minutes after boil is reached. Rinse with cold water and strain.
- - Place brussel sprouts in 8"x8" baking dish. Add remaining half of butter mixture, old bay, and pepper and stir together. (use two pans here so that both fish and brussel sprouts have surface exposed to oven element.).
- - Mix together bread crumbs and parmesean cheese.
- - JUST BEFORE BAKING, add 1/4 of bread crumb mix to brusssel sprouts and mix together. Then Sprinkle another 1/4 of bread crumbs on top.
- - Layer the other half of bread crumb mix top of fish fillets.
- - Bake both pans in preaheated oven @ 375 degrees for 12-15 minute.
- - Turn oven to broil and bake another 3-4 min until bread crumbs are toasted.
- - Serve with your favorite "rice to have with fish" recipie.