- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted prune
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- heavy cream, as an accompaniment
Directions See How It's Made
- Let prunes soak in ½ cup boiling water for 15 minutes and drain.
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F.
- Butter a 2-quart soufflé dish.
- In a saucepan cook butter, sugar and milk over moderate heat, stirring, until milk is hot and butter and sugar are melted.
- Pour into soufflé dish, stir in breadcrumbs and let mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and prunes and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until it is set.
- Serve hot with cream.