Recipe by Robert in melbourne
While this sounds horribly dry, it is in fact really tasty, almost melts in your mouth!
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (please make breadcrumbs fresh using bread and blender, hard, dry store bought ones will not work!)
- 4 slices bacon
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a saucepan of water on the stove and add salt, while that is coming to the boil:.
- Cut bacon into bite size squares and fry.
- As soon as water boils, add spaghetti to water.
- Once bacon is cooked, add breadcrumbs and olive oil and stir over medium heat until crumbs are brown and crisp, salt to taste.
- When pasta is cooked, drain really well and stir in bread crumb mixture. Pasta must be well drained else the breadcrumbs will otherwise be soggy.
- Top with shavings of Parmesan and serve.