1/1 Photo of Breadbeckers® Whole Wheat English Muffins
These scrumptious muffins are easy and fun-to-make and require only a skillet. The recipe is from the BreadBeckers, Inc. family company in Woodstock, GA that provides classes and wonderful products to home bakers. I added only the flax meal component for added health benefits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine water, milk, honey and salt.
- 2Thoroughly beat 2 Cups of the flour, the flax meal and the yeast into the milk mixture to form a loose batter.
- 3Cover and let the "sponge" rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- 4Beat in the softened butter.
- 5Knead in the remaining flour forming a smooth, soft dough for about 4-5 minutes.
- 6Turn the dough out onto a surface sprinkled with cornmeal and roll to a 1/2" thickness.
- 7Cut into 3-4 inch rounds. Let these rest on parchment paper or a slightly greased cookie sheet until doubled (usually just a few minutes).
- 8Carefully lift the rounds with a pancake turner oto a hot, well-buttered (I find grapeseed oil works best) skillet or griddle at about 350 degrees.
- 9Cook until lightly brown, turning once.
- 10Cool slightly and slice in half. Toast the halves, if desired.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breadbeckers® Whole Wheat English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 420.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g