Recipe by UmmBinat
ZWT7, Italy. This simple dish can be served as breakfast, as a snack at any time, or as an accompaniment to lunch or dinner. It can be embellished with a topping of anchovies, or cheese.
Top Review by lauralie41
We enjoyed these a lot and love that they are so easy to make. I used pumpernickel bread, plum tomatoes, and garlic flavored olive oil. Grated some parmesan cheese on top and had a great tasting snack. Made and reviewed for the Game Forum's - I Recommend Tag Game.
- 6 slices dark rye bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, halved crosswise
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and immediately.
- Rub 1 side of each slice with a cut side of the garlic, if desired. Then rub the same side of each slice with the cut side of a tomato half, pressing a little to squeeze some of the pulp and seeds onto the bread.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tomato and sprinkle with salt. Serve while the bread is still warm and crisp.