Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
- 1 tablespoon light butter, stick kind
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, cleaned, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed, caps sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped, fresh (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups fat-free seasoned croutons
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, leeks and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, sage, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are golden, 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the croutons and broth, stirring just until the stuffing is evenly moistened. Let cool completely. Use to stuff the Stuffed Roast Turkey (recipe posted separately).