Recipe by J Bo
Famous homemade recipe passed down from the Czech homeland via Amherst, Ohio
Top Review by Chef Petunia
I've made many bread stuffing recipes before, including our old family favorite handed down from generations, and this by far is the best tasting. I love the different add-ins that my other recipes don't have. Thank you for sharing. May be my new "go to" bread stuffing recipe now.
- 1⁄2 loaf white bread
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 celery ribs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock, to moisten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear bread into pieces into a large bowl. Add Salt, Thyme, Sage Black Pepper into bread.
- Chop onion and Celery (rough chop). Brown over medium heat in skillet with butter. Let cook down and until translucent 8-10 minutes. Add chopped garlic. Add chopped parsley and stir at end of cooking.
- Take off of heat and let cool in pan.
- Mix eggs, soy and milk, stir with wisk.
- Put onion and celery mixture into container and mix with hand food processor until smooth.
- Mix vegetable mixture with egg and milk mixture.
- Poor over bread, mix with hands, it may be a little wet and loose.
- Put in greased 13 x 9 pan or in between pork chops.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and fifteen minutes.