Recipe by Eismeer
These make a wonderful gift for a dinner party. I came up with the recipe when I wanted to contribute something to an invitation. The dough turns out to be very moist and soft, yet the surface is wonderfully crunchy. Makes about 30 bread sticks.
- 400 g flour
- 100 g cornflour (masa harina)
- 25 g gruyere cheese (grated)
- 25 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 25 g dry yeast (1 sachet)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (very good quality)
- about 200ml water (luke warm)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil (dried)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour and masa harina into a bowl.
- Add dry yeast, salt, pepper, sugar, cheeses,garlic cloves, chili flakes and herbs to the flour and incorporate.
- Add olive oil and water and knead dough for quite a while (i use a food processor with hooks) until a ball forms.
- Cover bowl with a kitchen towel and let dough rise for up to one our.
- Shape sticks:.
- Take a walnut sized piece of dough, shape into a ball and then rotate between your palms until they have reached their ideal stick-shape :).
- Line a cookie tray with non stick paper.
- Place bread stick rolls on the tray (better keep some distance between them, as they will rise).
- Brush with Olive oil.
- Let bake at 200°C until golden brown. (about 10 min.).
- Let cool and wrap in paper.