Recipe by MISSIB
I came across this recipe while searching for ideas for ZWT3. Altho I haven't tried it yet, I thought it sounded interesting. (Chef Worldwide Recipe)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups beef or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 lb Polish sausage or 1⁄4 lb frankfurters or 1⁄4 lb other cooked sausage, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 -6 slices rye bread, toasted and buttered
- 4 -6 eggs, poached
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook butter and flour in large pot over moderate heat, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Stir in stock, sausage, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls.
- Float a piece of bread in each bowl.
- Top each with a poached egg.