Recipe by KathyP53
A different and delicious tomato and olive salad. Will be a favorite summer appetizer or side!
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 piece rustic stale whole grain bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (6 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green olives
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the water with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar. Swirl the bread cubes in the vinegar water, then drain the bread in a colander, gently squeezing out any excess moisture.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with the remaining 1 tablespoons of vinegar. In a large bowl, stir the cherry tomatoes with the celery, olives, onion, basil, mint, and oregano. Gently fold in the bread. Add the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.