Recipe by Richard-NYC
Something different for your next cookout.
Top Review by Mirj
When I first saw this recipe, I thought it would be like one of my favorite Middle Eastern salads, Fattoosh. No way! It's better, in a totally different way. Bursting with Mediterranean flavors, this salad is addictive. I used fresh rosemary and also used a healthy splash of balsamic vinegar. The tiny bit that was left over from my BBQ was taken to work the next day, where I had to carefully guard it in the break room. Yo, Richard, this one rocks!
- 1 loaf crusty bread, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 dash hot pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bread, tomatoes and basil in large bowl.
- In food processor with metal blade, chop garlic and salt. Add rosemary, hot pepper flakes and vinegar.
- Add olive oil in a stream to emulsify.
- Toss bread mixture and dressing.
- Allow to stand for at least 20 minutes so the bread can absorb the dressing.