Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
for culinary cafe
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 6 green leaf lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, chiffonade
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices bread, torn into bite-size pieces (Country style French or Italian varieties are good, dense, bakery bread)
- Prepare vegetables as descriped.
- Cut bread into 1/4 inch cubes and fry in nonstick pan until slightly toasted, stirring constantly.
- Mix spices and lemon juice, stir in olive oil.
- Mix together the bread, vegetables and the dressing. Allow to marinate for 2 hours. Serve.