1/3 Photos of Bread Rolls
Alicia W's Note:
I've tried many, many bread recipes, and this is the best roll recipe I've come across. It's super fast, super easy, and you'd have to try hard to mess it up. The easiest way to get the perfect temperature water for your yeast is to do 1 part boiling water to 2 parts cold. Perfect every time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix milk with water. Add sugar, yeast, and butter. Stir until yeast is dissolved and set aside for 10 minutes or until yeast has foamed up a bit.
- 2In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Use the lower amount of flour to start with and add more only if the dough is really too sticky.
- 3Add yeast mixture to flour and mix.
- 4Knead until smooth and elastic. (I use a hand mixer with a kneading attachment.).
- 5Place in greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- 6Oil your hands and shape the dough into rolls and place in a well-greased pan. I use 2 round non-stick cake pans.
- 7Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise another 15 minutes.
- 8Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Let these cool down before you remove them from the pan or they will likely tear.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (915 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g